Friday, October 3, 2008

How to read women?

I saw a great movie today. It’s called “as good as it gets”. The whole movie was very entertaining but there was one scene that was particularly extraordinary and I would like to try and reproduce it for all those who haven’t seen the movie (go watch the movie by the way, its really awesome!!!!).

There’s this guy in the movie called Melvin Udall who plays a writer suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder. So, one day he walks up to his publisher’s house to ask for a favor and on his way back the receptionist interrupts him and this is the conversation they have:

Receptionist: “I can’t resist. You usually move through here so quickly and I have so many questions I want to ask you (flashes a big smile). You have no idea what your work means to me.”

Melvin: “what does it mean to you?”

Receptionist: (touches her forehead and heart and says) “Like there’s someone out there who knows what it’s like to be in here.”

Melvin: (is disgusted) “ oh my god its like a nightmare”

Receptionist: “oh come on just a couple of questions. How hard is that.”

Melvin turns to face her as she approaches him.

Receptionist: “HOW DO YOU READ WOMEN SO WELL?”

Melvin: “I THINK OF A MAN AND I TAKE AWAY REASON AND ACCOUNTABILITY.”

You got something to say about that?

P.S:- playing critic to movies would formulate a good number of my future blogs. So do pay attention for good reviews!!!

,

No comments: